Thursday, November 18, 2010

Factory Girl

I have always been in love with the 60's especially fashion and music. Edie Sedgwick is a genius fashion icon who i dearly love and i also love Andy Warhol's pop art. I never knew these two were tied together (ignorant  i know..), so when my friend told me about this movie, i definitely had to watch.

Sienna Miller plays Edie Sedgwick in this film and captures the moments in her life as Andy Warhols muse both at her best and worst. She does a wicked awesome job at playing Edie as well as Guy Pearce as Andy Warhol. I found out a lot about her and Andy through this movie that i never would have thought were true. In this movie are also Hayden Christensen as Bob Dylan ( ;] ) and i really dont know who as the Velvet Underground.

This movie made me cry... thats pretty lame, but it did. But before it made me cry, it made me want to be a part of the 60's art movement so bad. I'm tempted to say more, but i feel as though i give away too much in my reviews so if you love the 60's, or Edie Sedgwick, or both.. watch this film!

Or just watch the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAW0F2QY7S4

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment