Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Darjeeling Limited Review



This blog is for my dear friend Chris who introduced me to the amazing films of Wes Anderson. Ever since   he made me watch the Royal Tenebaums, I have been hooked. Wes Anderson's films have such a distinct style that lets you know you're watching one of his films, including his repetitive cast, use of the font futura bold (in yellow), and ending his films in slow motion.

Anyway, about The Darjeeling Limited, this film is about three brothers (Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman) that go on a journey together to India after not seeing each other for a year. Their plan is to go on a spiritual journey that will help them find themselves and each other.

This film is overall amazing! The cinematography, the characterization, the storyline, are all equally captivating. Another great part of this film is the soundtrack. (another of Wes Anderson's film qualities) This movie is not only witty, but heartfelt, and humorous. An absolute must watch for film lovers of any genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNc1QNoROZQ
(because i love Wes Anderson so much..)  5/5

1 comment:

  1. That picture you posted makes the movie seem pretty interesting. For some reason it makes me think about the song "Yellow Submarine" . It just looks like a weird cartoon, a cartoon that is not a cartoon. Also, I have never seen a movie ending in slow motion, so I think that is pretty darn cool. Does ending a movie in slow motion, make the ending really long?, long enough that it doesn’t count as the ending, but as part of the middle? Hmmmm….haha.I think it's pretty funny how you love his movies, but I have not even heard about them; well, until now. I’m guessing that if you think all of his movies are amazing, they are definitely worth watching. So now, I will go find one.

    ReplyDelete